Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Our Halloween/Reformation Day Camping date extravaganza!

This Halloween/Reformation Day, Ryan and I decided to have a small adventure. :)

Ryan had to work in the morning, I helped him bathe all of the horses, and we were finished by lunch time. The day was absolutely GORGEOUS! So we drive about 20 minutes south to Lake Ray Roberts State Park. We found a nice camping spot and made a camp fire. We made hot dogs and smores! Ryan took some time before we left and made me a camping "Mix tape."



On the way to the park we stopped at a small grocery store in Pilot Point. I looked at the aisle sign and saw something that I just had to take a picture of. Apparently, Catsup is another way to spell Ketchup for some people. I think they just don't know how to spell... but you can decide that for yourself.


This is a picture of the goods!


We were super excited about the smores... and chocolate. I think Ryan and I have spent quite a bit of time together. I told Ryan to look excited and he made the exact same face as me! Ha!


I had to post this picture of Ryan's manliness. He wore his "Al Boreland" shirt. (he calls it that!) He had quite a bit of fun with that hatchet!


I don't know if you can see this picture, but it was a crazy big Daddy Long Leg spider. Thankfully he got out of the pit before we got the fire started.


A major reason Ryan wanted to go out to the park was so he could smoke his pipe out in the woods. Our new home group leader, Bo, is an avid pipe smoker and he taught Ryan the right way to do it. We picked out some pretty great smelling tobacco.


The leaves in the trees looked like they had catepillars eating them!


This is me smelling Ryan's tobacco. He has one called Professor's blend and the other Saddlemans. He said he felt cheesy for buying Saddleman's, but he said it just smelled too good.
Notice, the Bible in my lap. We feel that the Bible goes well with wine and pipe smoking :)





I hope you guys had a loving Reformation Day as well! We had a great time celebrating! We even met a couple and talked for about 2 hours over a camp fire about the Lord! Hopefully they will know Him soon. God bless!

2 comments:

  1. The pic of you guys looking surprised is so creepy! You're gonna be one of those couples who look more and more alike the longer you're married. The word "catsup" makes me want to hurt somebody. It's just plain wrong. Sounds like a fun night - wish we could have been there! Ella is into telling ghost stories when Opa lights a fire in the firepit. They're pretty funny. Somehow, cannibalism is always involved...we've been reading too many fairy tales!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had reformation day parties before!!! Miss you guys. There was a slide show at EBC with photos of y'all...aahhhhhh!

    I love to read your pilot point stories. Kelly spent some time here for an internship. Brings back funny memories:)

    Merry Christmas,
    Cindy and Kelly

    ReplyDelete