Thursday, February 18, 2010

Valentine's Day

This Valentine's Day was a wonderful day. As you know it is our first as a married couple. On most Sunday's Ryan and I make a good hearty breakfast together. This Sunday Ryan woke up early and went to the store to get me flowers, knowing I wouldn't wake up until he got back. So he made me breakfast, cinnamon banana pancakes, fried eggs and bacon. It was amazing, he even set out the china! Then we went to church and came back home. That night he made me dinner. Above is him cooking :) Here is the bacon wrapped asparagus he made, yum!


This is a picture of my gift to him. We did not have money to buy anything so I thought of what I could do without spending much money. I made sugar cookies for him and a valentine that won't just go into the trash. Growing up my siblings and I would make valentines for each other with paper and construction paper. I decided to embroider on natural, unstained cotton my message to him and then with fabric make the outside of the card. The outside is brown with a big heart on it.


Ryan ate the "N" so we moved the letters around and well... apparently I love Ray now... weird.


Here are my flowers :) I am a very traditional girl... therefore, I love flowers. I had to decorate the cookies on the table because Ryan was working his magic on the counters.



I was obviously feeling festive with the red shirt and white cardigan. The meal was amazing!


And my lovely husband :)


Here is that magic I was telling you about:


So overall, it was a great day. I hope yours was too!

2 comments:

  1. Haha love it. I saw the R in the wall and thought, why does Ryan get his initial, where is Amy's A?? Then I remembered you are a Rushing so it counts for both, haha! Fun crafts, you are talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are too stinkin' cute :o) I LOVE the embroidered card! I need you to give me an embroidery lesson sometime. That was super sweet of him to cook for you - you'll probably always look back at this V-Day as one of your favorites! Just goes to show that you do not have to spend a lot of cash to show the love.

    ReplyDelete