Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Alpine Destined

I am so grateful to have a great, healthy relationship with Ryan's family. I have so many friends who have issues and touchy situations with their in-laws and thankfully that is just not the case for me! Ryan's parents took me to Breckenridge, CO for Hannah's Spring break. It was sooo much fun! It is a shame that Ryan could not come, I think he has a love for the mountains greater than any of us, but, that love is beginning to grow in me as well :)

Here are pictures that mostly Kathy took with our camera. I am just not a big photographer, I will carry the camera and forget to take pictures, it is completely inevitable. Although, most of you reading this were there with me, I thought it would be nice to share our little adventure with those who were not there. Ryan's family and kathy's sister, Keeley, and her son, josh, went on the trip. Keeley made the trip so exciting, I just love her fun loving personality! For the most part Jeremy was off on the slopes doing crazy blacks, riding through trees, giving mark and kathy a heart attack thinking about it. We heard stories of how he would get lost on the mountain... because he never would go down an actual run. It was fun to spend time with Mark and Jeremy after being married to Ryan, because I saw how many similarities the Rushing men have. Their drive for competition... and winning. Their mannerisms and little sayings. Mark kept saying... "Is it hot in here? Or is it just me?" I think Ryan and Jeremy have learned well from Mark, ha!

The first pictures are on our first ride up the gondola. We got to know this Gondola well.



This is Keeley and Josh. Josh has only lived in warm climates, such as Arizona, Hawaii and Florida. This trip was his first time to see snow while it was snowing! It snowed just about everyday while we were there so he saw LOTS of it!


This is at Peak 8, where we would take lessons and get our gear. Keeley and I took 3 days of lessons. Mark and Josh did one day and Josh did snow boarding on the 3rd day and found out he was a natural at it! I found out that I LOVE skiing! It is yet another expensive sport to add to my list!


It was so crazy on the slopes, one second the sun would be out and you would be hot and sweaty. Then the next minute it looked like this. You get on a chair lift and your face is frozen by the time you get off.


Here is Hannah about to show her skills.



We met up for lunch at a cafe on the slope. Yet, we brought our lunches because their food was so expensive! This day Kathy snowshoed up to the peak to bring us lunch! What a dedicated mom :)



These photos are from Kathy's snowshoe trip. She took my camera and got some great shots!






There are a lot more pictures from Hannah's camera on facebook... although Kathy may not be able to see them since her and Hannah aren't official friends, ha.

Overall, we had good food, good relaxation, good time spent together, it was a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment