Friday, October 16, 2009

Gainesville Date...

For those who may not know, I grew up in Oklahoma. Braum's ice cream is just about on every corner in Oklahoma. Therefore, I grew up thoroughly enjoying Braum's Ice Cream. Yet, my family moved from Oklahoma and since then I have not had any Braum's ice cream. So, Ryan told me earlier this week that he would take me to Braum's for an ice cream date. I was so excited all week! We have a Braum's in Gainesville because we live close to Oklahoma and Gainesville is off of I-35.

So, yesterday, Ryan and I decided we would go out to eat too in order to make the date more of an event. Yet, in Gainesville, there are not many restaurants. In fact, we asked a local where a good place to eat out would be and he just shrugged his shoulders and said he didn't know of a very good place, ha! There are a few chain restaurants, like chili's and applebee's. So, inevitably, we went to Chili's. Once there we decided to do the 2 entrees for $20. You get an appetizer, two entrees and a dessert! Well, this meant that we had to count out Braum's :( But, I made that decision... I just got myself 2 dates instead of just one! (see that's how you work it)

When we got our food we realized how big of portions and how greasy they can make it! We ate, had a good time, but left stuffed. Well, no date is complete in Gainesville without a trip to Walmart. I needed some groceries so Ryan got to experience the Gainesville Walmart experience with me for once. I get that pleasurable experience every week. Now Ryan knows why I hate walmart people :)

Finally, we made the trek back to our humble trailer. It was not until we got home that we realized how redneck our date was, ha! chili's, walmart, back to the trailer.

We thought it was humorous, I hope you do too :)

1 comment: