Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Family Time!



Ryan and I were to blessed to have a horse show in Katy, TX! It was a short show, we drove down on Wednesday and left Saturday, but we got to stay with my parents. It was quite a commute for Ryan driving from katy to cypress and back daily. For those in Houston it is a normal commute! But when you are used to walking across the street to go to work, it was a bit stressful!

Ryan sadly did not get to much time at home with my family, but he did get to have a night with my dad, full of hot wings, cigars and wine :) Some of Ryan's favorite things, ha!

I thought I would post a picture of my niece and nephew, this is not from our weekend together, we forgot to take pictures! But, some of y'all don't know them, they are a lot of fun! We went to outlet mall together where they are sure to get cookies and starbucks, ha! They get the chocolate milk at starbucks, not coffee!! Thursday night we had a mock Thanksgiving meal together. Ryan and I will be at a horse show in OKC so we will miss Thanksgiving. We had the most amazing ham EVER with a cranberry sauce glaze. Complete with sweet potatoe soufle, pumkin pie, and stuffing. It was absolutely delicious! So delicious that the next day my sister and I just ate the ham right out of the container for lunch, we didnt even grab plates or any sides, we just ate the ham and that was it for lunch!

Friday my mom gave me some sewing lessons :) I still have not fixed the sewing machine that was given to me for free. And yes, it was quite an amazing thing. Maybe when I get it working I will post the story about it on here. Anywho, I have some crafty ideas and needed to learn how to do some things before I can make it. Friday night, the girls went out to Lupe Tortilla and then to Michael's starbucks. We had a blast together!

As far at the horse show went. Ryan's boss, Patrice, got second in the futurity on a horse name Rambler. He was tied for first in a four way tie, when one of the guys he was tied with (Nathan Piper, the guy that helped Ryan find this job) came in on his last horse and beat them all! It was a nice day for Nathan! Pat's other horses only did okay. They are all tough rides and have been having some problems in the show ring, but hopefully that will be fixed by the time the big futurity comes up!

Next stop is Ardmore, OK this Sunday. We will be taking our "home" with us! I just have to laugh at that! But the plus side is, we don't have to pack. We just need to fill up the tires, secure everything in place and we are good to go.

1 comment:

  1. That is AWESOME! I've been waiting to hear you say that you're taking your home with you ever since you moved into the trailer. It'll be all the same on the inside then you'll open the door and be like, "wait, this isn't Gainsville." Don't be surprised at my facination...after all, I was surprised to hear that you people make special trips to buy a crap load of hay.

    ReplyDelete