Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tulsa Reining Classic

2009ATRC

Ryan and I just returned from our first reining horse show with Ryan's new employer, Patrice St. Onge. It was a very long week for Ryan. He would wake up at 4 AM to go ride horses and stay up at the show grounds usually until 9 at night, or later! He was one tired man when I finally got to see him this last wednesday. By the time I got there his schedule slowed down a bit.

One of my favorite parts of the show is when Andrea Fippani and Big Chex to Cash did a clinic for people to learn from. He rode a young horse and Big Chex (a well known stallion that has won A LOT) and talked with everyone to teach them. I learned a lot from him! I had been wondering about a lot of things Ryan was doing and after hearing Andrea it explained a lot to me. Here is a link to Andrea and big chex:

http://www.bigchextocash.com/Home.html

Also, the first one hundred kids to come got a breyer horse that looks like big chex, I thought that was a cute idea! Sadly I did not take any pictures myself. I totally forgot!

Ryan and I met a lot of people, trainers, wives of trainers, the guy that drags the arena at just about every horse show, etc. We had a blast! But we are glad to be back "home."



No comments:

Post a Comment